List of Officers and Committee Members
|Jane Lee DPAGB EFIAP BPE3 DPAGB/AV
|Penny Piddock DPAGB EFIAP
|Club Competitions Secretary
|Joint External Competitions Secretaries
|Stephen Jones LRPS DPAGB EFIAP and Helen Jones ARPS DPAGB
|Jenny Warr CPAGB ARPS
|Stephen Lee DPAGB EFIAP BPE2 DPAGB/AV
|John Tilsley APAGB DPAGB ARPS
|Helen Jones ARPS DPAGB
|Val Brierley LRPS
|Glynn Grylls firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact email (unless stated otherwise) email@example.com
The WCPF and PAGB
The club is affiliated to the Western Counties Photographic Federation
(WCPF). See their website for information on events including inter-club competitions and competitions for individual members (see Dates for your Diary). There is also a WCPF Facebook Group that you are welcome to join.
The club is also affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain
(PAGB) via the WPCF. The PAGB co-ordinates specific activities for photographic clubs in the 15 UK Federations (e.g. Western Counties). The PAGB organises national inter-federation & inter-club competitions and offers distinctions (awards for photographic merit) direct to qualifying club members. Subscribe to the PAGB's regular eNewsletters
Special Interest Groups
Any club member can set up a Special Interest Group (SIG) or organise a photography outing. If you intend to do so, you must contact the Chair via the Club Gmail in the first instance so that the Committee can work with you to help you publicise your event or group and ensure it runs safely.
We currently have the following SIGS:
Distinctions Support Group
– run by John Tilsley. This is a self-help/critique group for people from any local Camera Club who wish to work towards Photographic Distinctions awarded by the Royal Photographic Society and the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
ICM and Abstract Photography
– run by Jane Lee for those club members who are interested in this style of creative work.
– run by Jane Lee as an informal discussion and critique group for our Nature Photographers.
– run by Chris Parvin for those club members who are interested in this style oof photography.
’Club’ Section Mentor Group
– an informal opportunity for members of our Club Section to get feedback on their work from some of our more experienced photographers
We usually have a few outings over the course of the spring and summer as well. Recent visits include Shepton Mallet Jail, Tout Quarry and Cerne Abbas. Any club member can organise an outing. The organiser is responsible for checking permissions with land owners, finding out about parking and other local facilities and for communication. They must also carry out a risk assessment and distribute the personal contact forms produced by the club in case of an emergency. Please contact the Chair via the Club Gmail in the first instance.
Our club was founded in 1936. Here is a document that records the history of our club
- available as a pdf download that is suitable for downloading and printing: